There are worse things than sleeping with your dog.
Sleeping with your cell phone, for example .
Jeannine of Plymouth, N.C., was rudely awakened
the other night by the frantic barking of her sons
Labrador Retriever, who was sharing the bed with
Jeannines 15yearold son and his Motorola cell
The cell phones battery overheated during the
night, setting fire to the bed.
"The dog pulled the phone from the bed and my son
beat out the flames with a pillow," Jeannine said.
The boy suffered burns to his hand but there were no
Neither the dogs bravery nor the cell phones
perfidy is unusual. There have been numerous reports
of cell phones catching fire sometimes while in
someones pocket. Some fires have been attributed to
defective batteries, others to user error, such as
using the wrong charger.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission last
year issued some safety tips but didnt say anything
about not sleeping with your phone.
Cell phone battery recalls handled by CPSC
include the Kyocera Smartphone, Kyocera Slider, K400
and 3200 Sries and Verizon Wireless LGbrand cell