PhoneCardSmile.Com Logo
E-mail: Password:
Welcome to PhoneCardSmile.com
Argentina Phone Card News, Argentina Telecom News
Argentina Telecom to invest US$530 Million this year

Date: 5/27/2008 6:40:11 PM

expects total investment this year to reach US$530mn, the Argentine telcos fixed telephony unit marketing manager, Marcelo Ozino Caligaris, told BNamericas.

The executive said 51% of the capex will be oriented to mobile telephony while the other 49% will be earmarked for fixed telephony services.

Last year, Telecom Argentina invested 1.44bn pesos (US$453mn) in its different business segments.

According to the executive, the company expects to see higher Arpu this year in the fixed segment due to the offering of new value-added services. Caligaris said the companys fixed telephony base grew 3% last year.

The company is trying to boost its fixed segment through the launch of several value-added services including fixed SMS and videocall. Telecom Argentina expects to continue expanding the number of Aladino phones that enable clients to use this VAS offering.

The executive added that the Aladino phones have been widely adopted by companies within the SME segment. Aladino wireless digital phones include features such as games, MP3 and SMS.

Commenting on a possible launch of IPTV services, the executive said that during 2008, TEO expects to conduct internal tests. Argentine regulations currently do not allow telecoms operators to offer broadcasting services.

Caligaris also said that Telecom is studying the launch of WiMax technology to offer services in rural areas and closed communities. However, the executive said there are no concrete advances on this issue.

** Check out our: Argentina Phone Cards
PCS Tags: Buenos Aires Phone Cards, Argentina Cardoba Phone Cards, Argentina Cell Phone Cards, Argentina Mar Del Plata Phone Card, Argentina Mendoza Phone Card, Argentina Rosario Phone Card

PhoneCardsmile.com  Phone Card News Stats

Source: http://www.bnamericas.com/story.jsp?idioma=I§or=2¬icia=434222


<-- Back

International Phone Card Search

Calling From United States to:
Search
Phone Card Name (Optional):
Search
Provide Local Access in
Search

Navigation Links:


Live Help!

My Rewards Program






Secured and Verified by:
About SSL Certificates
HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.
Discover, Master, Visa, American Express
Your current IP is: 50.17.176.149

Phone Card Rates
Brazil Phone Card, Brazil Calling Card Flag   Brazil 0.2¢ Canada Phone Card, Canada Calling Card Flag   Canada 0.1¢
China Phone Card, China Calling Card Flag   China 0.1¢ Egypt Phone Card, Egypt Calling Card Flag   Egypt 3.1¢
France Phone Card, France Calling Card Flag   France 0.1¢ Germany phone card, Germany calling card flag   Germany 0.1¢
Iraq Phone Card, Iraq Calling Card Flag   Iraq 1.0¢ india phone card, india calling card flag   India 0.1¢
italy phone card, italy calling card flag   Italy 0.1¢ Japan Phone Card, Japan Calling Card Flag   Japan 0.3¢
Korea South Phone Card, Korea South Calling Card Flag   S. Korea 0.1¢ Mexico Phone Card, Mexico Calling Card Flag   Mexico 0.4¢
Nigeria Phone Card, Nigeria Calling Card Flag   Nigeria 2.7¢ Philippines Phone Card, Philippines Calling Card Flag   Philippines 4.6¢
Russia Phone Card, Russia Calling Card Flag   Russia 0.3¢ Taiwan Phone card, Taiwan Calling Card Flag   Taiwan 0.1¢
South Africa Phone Card, South Africa Calling Card Flag   S. Africa 0.9¢ USA Phone card, USA Calling Card Flag   USA 0.3¢
UK Phone Card, United Kingdom Calling Card Flag   UK 0.1¢ USA Phone card, USA Calling Card Flag   Vietnam 0.8¢
 
Phone Card News
 





















More News...